The Block names 2021 sponsors
The Block names 2021 sponsors
Australia’s favourite renovation reality program, The Block, has named the sponsors for its 17th season which debuted strongly this week with an overnight national average audience of 1.032 million (747,000 metro/286,000 regional).
Among the new brands joining the show for the first time this year are Connoisseur, Simonds Homes and Xero, while there are more than 10 brands returning as major partners, including The a2 Milk Company, Bluescope Steel, Canstar, Catch, Domain, Ford, hipages, McCafé, Mitre 10, Suncorp and Youfoodz.
Liana Dubois, Nine’s Director of Powered, says The Block is a unique property on television in terms of the way it delivers commercial results for its major partners by tapping into Australia’s love of property and renovation.
“The Block is like no other property on Australian television because it allows our partners to activate big ideas that drive massive commercial results,” said Dubois. “It consistently delivers results for our clients and this is the reason we see them returning year after year.”
In 2021, The Block returns with a twist, the Fans v Faves theme that brings three unsuspecting yet hopeful couples face to face with two sets of very experienced returning all-stars in a setting never attempted before – a traditional Australian cul-de-sac in the Melbourne bayside suburb of Hampton.
The major partnerships for 2021 include:
• BlueScope returns as a long-term sponsor, supplying COLORBOND® steel Matt to transform the roofing and walling of contestants’ houses.
• Canstar will be leveraging Block host Shelley Craft in a series of TVCs.
• Catch.com.au, returns positioning themselves as the go-to Aussie online shopping destination for the finishing touch on each room.
• Connoisseur Ice Cream joins The Block serving indulgence to the Blockheads.
• Domain returns as the proud property sponsor for the seventh year running, helping to reach potential buyers and drive The Block listing views which are available only on the Domain app.
• Ford Australia, returns as the official automotive partner for 2021, featuring vehicles including the all-new Puma, Ranger Wildtrak, Everest, Transit Custom, and Ford Performance icons – the Ranger Raptor and Mustang.
• hipages who will be connecting contestants with trusted tradies through their app and celebrating the great work tradies do on The Block.
• McCafé will be bringing their new McCafé coffee blend on to The Block in their pop-up McCafé.
• Mitre 10 are returning with their mighty helpful service and family-focused business with a new TVC featuring host Scott Cam.
• Suncorp return to support The Blockheads with their money management and renovation journey.
• Simonds Homes, the Great Australian Builder joins as a sponsor, giving fans the opportunity to win $30,000 to make their dream homes come true.
• The a2 Milk Company, return this year to deliver delicious a2 Milk™ throughout the series, and inspire the Blockheads to be their best.
• Xero online accounting joins The Block to make it easier for Blockheads and their trades to manage their numbers
• Youfoodz joins, fuelling teams with tasty, ready-made meals
Other sponsors include Advantage Air and Bonds, who will also have integrations in The Block throughout the series.
For more information:
Head of Corporate Affairs
Thursday, August 12, 2021