What's in a name?
In our case, a whole lot of history, content and personalities.
That’s why whenever possible we refer to ourselves as Nine.
Nine embraces our complete story and should be used consistently across all communications when referring to the parent company.
How do we refer to ourselves
Below is a guide on how you should refer to our business:
• If you are talking about the corporate brand or parent company, this is Nine.
• If you are talking about the main television channel, this is Channel 9
• If you are talking about the whole suite of television channels, this is the 9Network.
• If you are talking about the publishing division, this is Nine Publishing. However, for consumer communication our preference is to refer to the mastheads: The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age, The Australian Financial Review, Brisbane Times, WAtoday, The Sun-Herald and The Sunday Age.
• If you are talking about the radio division, this is Nine Radio. However, for consumer communication our preference is to refer to the individual stations: 2GB, 3AW, 4BC, 6PR, 2UE, Magic, 4BH and 6GT.
• If you are talking about the ASX-listed company, this is Nine Entertainment Co or NEC.
However, for style, our preference is to simply refer to us as Nine.