Star-studded Carols lineup
Star-studded Carols lineup
Australian-born and bred international music stars, Cody Simpson, Morgan Evans and Sam Fischer return home for Christmas and make their debut at Vision Australia’s Carols by Candlelight presented by AAMI, live from the Sidney Myer Music Bowl at 8.00pm on Christmas Eve on Channel 9 and 9Now.
Sam Fischer is a two-time ARIA Award nominee with over a billion streams to his name. In 2020, his single This City spent five consecutive weeks at #1 on the ARIA Australian Artist singles chart. He’s also written songs for Ciara, Keith Urban, SayGrace, Jessie J, MAX and Demi Lovato, and toured with Lewis Capaldi.
Country singer and songwriter Morgan Evans has over 610 million global career streams and is still growing. His debut US single Kiss Somebody topped the charts in Australia and the US, and Day Drunk spent 25 weeks at #1 in Australia. Evans also won an ARIA Award for Best Country Album for Things That We Drink To, his second release.
And Cody Simpson is a heralded singer-songwriter, guitarist, poet and Olympic-level swimmer who has had two albums on the Billboard charts: Coast to Coast and Surfers Paradise. Simpson was discovered on social media and has since collaborated with big-name acts like Justin Bieber and Flo Rida.
They will join a host of familiar faces and stars to perform everyone’s favourite Christmas carols and songs, including:
- Musical Theatre leading ladies and gents from & Juliet, Harry Potter & the Cursed Child, Hamilton and Mary Poppins
- Folk singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Julia Stone
- UK singing superstar Calum Scott
- Powerhouse vocalist Casey Donovan
- Vision-impaired singer Lara Nakhle
- First Nations entertainer Mitch Tambo
- The extraordinary Central Australian Aboriginal Women’s Choir
- The star of Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Euan Fistrovic Doidge
- Singer and dancer Emma Watkins
- Australian music ‘Rock & Blues’ royalty Vika & Linda Bull
- Golden Guitar winners Adam Harvey and Beccy Cole
- Beloved Zimbabwean-born “First Lady of Soul and R&B” Thndo
- The enigmatic Rob Mills and fellow music star Bobby Fox
- Award-winning singer-songwriter Ben Abraham
- The cast of the incredible The Phantom of the Opera musical
- West End and Australian musical theatre star Simon Gleeson
- Nine’s beloved Carols family: Marina Prior, David Hobson, Tim Campbell, Anthony Callea, Denis Walter and Silvie Paladino
- And a special visit from the big man himself, direct from the North Pole
These stars will all perform under the baton of the musical director, maestro John Foreman OAM, assisted by Vision Australia’s Carols by Candlelight choirmaster Doug Heywood OAM.
Plus, performances from the Australian Girls Choir and the National Boys Choir.
Carols by Candlelight is Vision Australia’s biggest annual fundraiser for children’s services, with 100 per cent of profits from ticket sales going directly towards supporting over 2300 families whose children are blind or have low vision. Tickets to the Sidney Myer Music Bowl are on sale now and can be purchased via https://carols.visionaustralia.org/.
85TH VISION AUSTRALIA’S CAROLS BY CANDLELIGHT
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 24, LIVE AT 8.00PM ON CHANNEL 9 & 9NOW
For ticket sales or donations to Vision Australia visit https://carols.visionaustralia.org/
For further information, please contact:
Nine Network Publicity
Monday, December 19, 2022