What's in a name?
In our case, a whole lot of history, content and personalities. That’s why whenever possible we refer to ourselves as Nine. Nine embraces our complete story and should be used consistently across all communications when referring to the parent company.
How do we refer to ourselves?
Below is a guide on how you should refer to our business:
• If you are talking about the corporate brand or parent company, this is Nine.
• If you are talking about the main television channel, this is Channel 9
• If you are talking about the whole suite of television channels, this is the 9Network.
• If you are talking about our mastheads, they are The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age, The Australian Financial Review, Brisbane Times, WAtoday, The Sun-Herald and The Sunday Age.
• If you are talking about the radio division, this is Nine Radio. However, for consumer communication our preference is to refer to the individual stations: 2GB, 3AW, 4BC, 6PR, 2UE, Magic, 4BH and 6GT.
• If you are talking about the ASX-listed company, this is Nine Entertainment Co. or NEC. However, for style, our preference is to simply refer to us as Nine.
It’s our brands and our content which makes us who we are.
We have a broad portfolio of complementary media assets, which places us in a unique market position. At the core of our content creation abilities, Nine boasts a leading free-to-air TV business, robust talk radio stations, the nation’s oldest continuously published newspaper, and Australia’s most-read digital properties. Each of them creates content, reaching audiences, and generating revenue across multiple platforms.
Nine operates within five key business verticals: Television, Broadcast Video on Demand, Radio, Digital & Publishing and Subscription Video on Demand.
We all have a role to play to ensure our brands are used and displayed correctly.
To ensure your own professional credentials such as LinkedIn reflect the correct branding, we have pulled together a selection of LinkedIn banner assets you can use across your personal profiles.
Please ensure your place of work is listed as Nine or the reflects the content brand you may work under (ie: The Sydney Morning Herald).
Please also use this opportunity to ensure your email signature is up to date and reflects the primary content brand you work for, or reflects the correct Nine corporate branding.
Primary brand assets
Below is a selection of logo kits for Nine’s primary distribution brands – the brands we use to distribute our incredible content to millions of Australians.
If you are using these assets for official marketing purposes, please ensure all assets are approved by the relevant marketing manager.