Sidepanels enable advertisers to reach audiences with unrivaled interactivity and engagement. This ad units can offer the full range of creative executions and can also adhere to the header of the page and follow the user down the page as they scroll.
Please click here to see an example.
Nine Digital Served Specs
- Dimensions: 125×900/120×600/160×600 per panel
- Format: JPG/PNG/GIF
- Image max file size: 40 kb per panel
- HTML5/Rich media/Raw assets NOT accepted for Nine hosted panels. These must be hosted by a third party creative provider (see below).
Third Party Specs
- Accepted 3rd parties: Sizmek
- Dimensions: x2 125×900/120×600/160×600 floating panels (must be supplied as a 1×1 ad tag)
- Accepted format: HTML5 built as per Sizmek’s Ad Suite Template
- Initial load max file size: 40 kb per panel (Image, HTML5, JS, CSS, Sprite sheets) + 70kb (Ad Verification Scripts) + 100kb (Cached/Approved Shared Libraries located here)
- Max subload: 2mb
- User-initiated download: 10mb
- Animation Duration: 30 seconds max, 15s recommended
- SSL Requirements: All assets must be SSL compliant – securely served (https://)
- NEC’s ad specs are designed to ensure ads load quickly. It is NEC’s priority to provide the best possible experience for our audience and to ensure that the ads of our advertisers have the best chance of being seen by users.
- Ad viewability is impacted when ads are slow to load. Therefore NEC will not be held accountable for delivering agreed viewable impression thresholds for campaigns that are sold on viewability guarantees if creative does not adhere to the ad specifications.
- Accepted panel sizes:
- Nine Digital hosted sidepanels allow for 2x viewability tracking scripts (left & right panel) to be inserted, if provided by client.
|Areas||Approved to run||Notes|
|Nine O&O homepages||Yes||Not available on Honey Network homepage & Show Site homepage|
|Nine O&O articles||Yes|
|Nine O&O galleries||No|
|MSN homepages||Yes||Refer to MSN category|
- The use of third party monitoring or blocking must adhere to Nine’s Brand Safety Policy.
- Third Party hosted Sidepanels should launch from a 1×1 ad (both the left and right panels expand simultaneously from this).
- Sidepanels should have a solid background colour and fade to transparent at the bottom and sides. All transparent areas should not be clickable.
- Animation (3rd party served only) in the side panels is allowed, and can only play once with no looping. Flashing, blinking or excessive animations will not be approved. If animation is activated by hovering then it needs to end when the mouse is moved off the animation/ad.
- Advertiser logos must be positioned beneath the site logo (approximately 200 pixels from the top of the panels). A maximum logo size of 130px x 40px will be permitted.
- Positioning should align the sidepanels flush with the billboard position.
- 3p hosted sidepanels can be sticky and adhere to the header of the page as the user scrolls down.
- No text or images to be placed within 95px from the top of the panel.
- Maximum one product graphic and one price point and/or product message is permitted per panel. Additional price points and promo text to be housed within the 300×250.
- Messaging elements must not be repeated across both panels.
- Sidepanels should have a single background colour or single photographic image and we request low intensity / muted colour for maximum engagement.
- Key messaging must be presented in the top right 125×600 of the left panel and top left 125×600 of the right panel.
- All concepts/storyboards must be submitted at least 10 working days before the campaign live date.
- All images and content are appropriate to the general audience nature of the page.
- All assets must be SSL compliant – securely served (https://)
- Minimise the device load for the user as much as possible – ads causing excessive load will be rejected.
- All creatives are subject to approval – we reserve the right to request changes for brand equity/user experience reasons.
- Nine Digital may at its absolute discretion refuse to publish any advertisement on the Nine Digital network.
- Nine Digital reserves the right to reject / remove any rich media ad that does not meet its creative specifications, contravenes internal guidelines or adversely affects network website performance, other ad placements or user experience.
- Nine Digital reserves the right to remove or request the removal / revision of any creative that is deemed unsuitable or in conflict with our content, audience, commercial objectives or IP, including (but not limited to) requesting the removal of any competitor branding from advertisements.
Timelines & Delivery
- All 3rd party creative should be delivered to Nine Digital via 3rd party ad serving tags.
- All material must be delivered at least five (5) working days prior to campaign launch to ensure technical compatibility and internal concept approval.
- If creative is late an estimated % of impressions equivalent to the forecasted daily inventory level will be cancelled from the total impressions booked.