The Standard Billboard is a 970×250 non-expanding rich media ad unit that sits directly underneath the site navigation. The unit also contains a Nine Digital Network hosted close ad functionality which gives the user the option to close and re-open the ad. It can also host animation and video.
The Billboard can be configured in a number of different sizes and perform different functions.
Please click here to see an example.
The Billboard can be combined with a Wallpaper to create a Fireplace.
Nine Digital Served Specs
- Dimensions: 970×250 or 1030×250 (for Extended Fireplace only)
- Accepted Formats: JPG/PNG/GIF/SVG
- Max image file size: 40kb
Third Party Served Specs
- Accepted 3rd Parties: Sizmek (regular & expanding billboards), DoubleClick (regular billboards only), Flashtalking (regular billboards only), Bonzai (regular billboards only), Celtra (regular billboards only, Universal Banner accepted)
- Dimensions: 970×250 > 970×500 expanded (if used) or 1030×250 (for Extended Fireplace only)
- Max initial file size: 80kb (Image, HTML5, JS, CSS, Sprite sheets) + 70kb (Ad Verification Scripts) + 100kb (Cached/Approved Shared Libraries located here)
- Max subload: 2mb
- Max user-initiated animation/video/sound file size: 10mb
- Animation Duration: 30 seconds max, 15s recommended
- Video Frame Rate: 24fps
- SSL Requirements: All assets must be SSL compliant – securely served (https://)
|Areas||Approved to run||Notes|
|Nine O&O homepages||Yes|
|Nine O&O articles||Yes|
|Nine O&O galleries||No|
|MSN homepages||Yes||Refer to MSN spec category|
- The use of third party monitoring or blocking must adhere to Nine’s Brand Safety Policy.
- All concepts/storyboards must be submitted at least 10 working days before the campaign live date.
- No looping allowed for animation after 30s and load must take place during the subload of the ad. Additional animation may be initiated via roll-over, capped at 30s.
- Z-index of the unit must be below 3.
- The ad will always come with a site-served “Close” button. Therefore, no similar functionality should be built into the creative, it must all be handled by the ad container’s close button on the site. No extra work is required for this to apply.
- Expansion must be click initiated by the user. The ad must contain a clear call to action for the user to click to expand. Expanded panel must contain a clearly marked option to minimise the ad back to its default size.
- Sound must be muted by default with a visible mute/unmute button.
- All images and content are appropriate to the general audience nature of the page.
- The ad cannot alter the Nine Digital brand, or alters the page layout, navigation, design or content.
- The ad cannot try to launch in a new browser window (pop up/pop under) or shake the browser window.
- Minimise the CPU load for the user as much as possible – ads causing excessive load will be rejected.
- All creatives are subject to Nine Digital approval we reserve the right to request changes for brand equity/user experience reasons.
- Nine Digital may at its absolute discretion refuse to publish any advertisement on the Nine Digital network.
- Nine Digital reserves the right to reject / remove any rich media ad that does not meet its creative specifications, contravenes internal guidelines or adversely affects network website performance, other ad placements or user experience.
- Nine Digital reserves the right to remove or request the removal / revision of any creative that is deemed unsuitable or in conflict with our content, audience, commercial objectives or IP, including (but not limited to) requesting the removal of any competitor branding from advertisements.
Timelines & Delivery
- All 3rd party creative should be delivered to Nine Digital via 3rd party ad serving tags.
- All material must be delivered at least five (5) working days prior to campaign launch to ensure technical compatibility and internal concept approval.
- If creative is late an estimated % of impressions equivalent to the forecasted daily inventory level will be cancelled from the total impressions booked.
- Reach out to the third party vendors listed above for full technical documentation, build guides etc.