Consumer Pulse is undertaken via short online surveys conducted weekly with Nine’s audiences - across linear television, 9Now and digital properties including nine.com.au (and network sites), plus readers of news mastheads The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and The Australian Financial Review (print + digital).
Sample sizes for week 9 survey as follows:
• 9Nation n=744
• The Sydney Morning Herald/The Age n=1,568
• The Australian Financial Review n=159
- Weekly online surveys are sent to Nine’s audience panels each week. The surveys were conducted on the following dates;
Week 1 - Wednesday 18.03.2020 - Thursday 19.03.2020.
Week 2 - Wednesday 25.03.2020 - Thursday 26.03.2020.
Week 3 - Wednesday 01.04.2020 - Thursday 02.04.2020.
Week 4 Wednesday 08.04.2020 - Thursday 09.04.2020.
Week 5 Wednesday 15.04.2020 - Thursday 16.04.2020.
Week 6 Wednesday 22.04.2020 - Thursday 23.04.2020.
Week 7 Wednesday 29.04.2020 - Thursday 30.04.2020
Week 8 Wednesday 06.05.2020 - Thursday 07.05.2020
Week 9 Wednesday 12.05.2020 - Thursday 13.02.2020
Week 10 Wednesday 19.05.2020 - Thursday 20.05.2020
Nine brands represented in each are below
• 9Nation – includes (Nine Network television stations, 9Now, nine.com.au and associated network sites 9Honey, Wide World of Sports, ninenews.com.au)
• Metro News – The Sydney Morning Herald / The Age
• Business Leaders Panel - The Australian Financial Review
Data is cleaned and weighted to be representative of Nine audiences -
• 9Nation – nationally representative sample
• The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age, The Australian Financial Review - representative of readership at latest Emma survey (EMMA conducted by Ipsos MediaCT; people 14+ for the 12 months ending December 2019; Nielsen Digital Content Ratings, Monthly Tagged, December 2019, people 14+)
Some sentiments are tracked weekly, others are measured as topical issues arise.