Nine’s Virtual Tennis Trivia TCs
Nine’s Virtual Tennis Trivia TCs
|Promotion||Nine’s Virtual Tennis Trivia|
|Promoter||Nine Entertainment Co. Pty Ltd ABN 59 122 205 065 of 1 Denison Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060|
|Promotional Period||Start Date: 11/11/2021 at 4pm AEDT|
End Date: 11/11/2021 at 5pm AEDT
|Eligible entrants||Permanent residents of Australia aged 18 years and over who are not ineligible to enter the Promotion under clause 2 of the Terms and Conditions and who are invited to participate in a Zoom call with the Promoter during the Promotional Period (Entrants)|
|Entry Method||Receive the invitation sent out by the Promoter.Register to participate in the Zoom call with the Promoter taking place during the Promotional Period.Participate in the trivia session, following all instructions provided during the Zoom call.|
|Maximum Entries||Only 1 entry per Entrant during the Promotional Period.|
|Winner Determination||Game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the Winners. The Winners will be the Entrants who have answered the most trivia questions correctly. In the event of a tie between two or more Entrants for a place, those tied Entrants will be required to answer tie breaker trivia questions until a clear Winner is determined.|
|Number of Winners||2|
|Winner Notification||The Winners will be notified by phone and email.|
|Prize/s||Trip to Melbourne, VIC for 2 people to attend the 2022 Australian Open, valued at up to $5000 depending on point of departure. Prize includes:Return economy airfares for two (2) people between the winner’s closest capital city and Melbourne, Australia;One (1) nights accommodation in a minimum 4 star property in Melbourne (twin/double); Two (2) economy class tickets to the 2022 Australian Open held between 17/01/22 and 26/01/22. Exact dates of travel to be determined by the Promoter and advised to the Winner.Domestic travel insurance subject to all travellers having no pre -existing medical conditions and being under 59 years of age;AUD$500 spending money (winner only). Tennis session with a Tennis legend for the Winner and up to 9 colleagues from the Winner’s place of employment. Prize includes:Tennis lessons/match with a legend in the Winner’s local market, at time, date and location to be agreed between the Promoter and WinnerFood and beverages Prize Value: AUD$3,000.00|
|Total Prize Pool||AUD$8,000|
Terms and Conditions
Entry into the Promotion
- The Schedule above and all other entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these Terms and Conditions. Each Entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Terms and Conditions (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions (and Schedule). All capitalised terms used in these Terms and Conditions have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated or as the context otherwise provides.
- Entry is not open to:
- directors, management, employees, officers and contractors of:
- the Promoter,
- any related bodies corporate of the Promoter, and
- the agencies and companies associated with the Promoter or the Promotion; and
- a spouse, de facto spouse, partner, guardian, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by marriage or adoption) of any person set out in clause 2a).
- Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotional Period. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter, not the time of transmission by the Entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Entrants may submit entries up to the Maximum Entries.
- All entries to the Promotion may be subject to verification by the Promoter. Entrants must, within seven (7) days of being asked and at the Promoter’s cost, allow the Promoter to inspect and copy any documents that the Promoter may request establishing eligibility to enter the Promotion, including but not limited to receipts, evidence of age, residence and identity. The Promoter may decide in its sole discretion which documents are considered suitable for establishing eligibility to enter or win. If a Winner cannot provide suitable proof of eligibility to the Promoter’s satisfaction, they forfeit their Prize in whole and no substitute or compensation will be offered.
- The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries made by an Entrant to be invalid if the Entrant:
- fails to establish their entitlement to win the Promotion to the Promoter’s satisfaction; or
- fails to produce items as required by these Terms and Conditions or produces items that appear to be illegible, stolen, forged, reconstructed, altered, incomplete or tampered with in any way; or
- appears, to the Promoter, to have tampered with, or benefited from tampering with, the entry process; or
- has submitted an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions; or
- has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion or Promoter.
- Entries must be submitted in accordance with the Entry Method.
- The Number of Winners will be determined in accordance with the Winner Determination. The Winner/s will receive the Prize/s.
- The Winner/s will be notified in accordance with the Winner Notification.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the Winner/s. If a Prize is forfeited for any reason,
that Prize will be awarded to the next best ranked entry.
General prize terms
- All Prize values are correct and based on the recommended retail value at the Start Date of the Promotion.
- If a Prize or any part of a Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter will, in its absolute discretion, substitute the Prize with another item of no lesser retail value, subject, where relevant, to the approval of the authorities that have issued permits or authorities for the conduct of the Promotion.
- Unless expressly stated as being included in the Prize/s, all other costs and expenses associated with taking the Prize/s become the responsibility of Winner/s and their guest/s, including but not limited to:
- taxes (excluding departure and any other flight-associated taxes, where flights are included in the Prize);
- costs associated with inoculations, passports and/or visa applications;
- travel insurance;
- spending money;
- transport to/from an airport departure or return point;
- any extra sightseeing or activities; and
- all other incidental and ancillary costs incurred by Winner/s and/or their guest/s as a direct or indirect result of taking the Prize.
- Prizes cannot be refunded or exchanged and, except as expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions, cannot be taken as a monetary payment.
- Prizes may be transferred at the Promoter’s sole discretion. If the Promoter exercises its discretion to allow a Winner to transfer their Prize, the transfer will be on the condition that the transferee accepts these Terms and Conditions and the Promoter may require such acceptance in writing at its absolute discretion.
- All aspects of a Prize must be taken together as a package. Prizes including attendance to an event must be taken to coincide with that event. If for any reason a Winner does not (or is unable to) take their Prize or an element of their Prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, they forfeit their Prize or that element of their Prize and no compensation or substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow an Entrant/Winner and/or their guest/s to take part or continue to take part in any aspects of the Promotion or Prize/s, for any inappropriate behaviour (including intoxication), if the relevant person does not or is not able to comply with any requirements normally associated with the particular activity or if the Promoter determines, based on the advice of an appropriate and relevant medical professional, that the relevant person is not sufficiently healthy or fit so as to safely participate in the Promotion or Prize/s.
- Prizes may not, without the prior written consent of the Promoter, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via online auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services. If a Prize is sold or used in breach of this condition, the Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, withdraw the Prize. Where a Prize has been withdrawn in accordance with this clause, no refund, substitute or compensation will be offered and the Winner and any person who has purchased or otherwise bears that ticket will be refused entry.
- If the Winner/s and/or their guest/s are under the age of 18, they must be accompanied on their Prize by a parent or legal guardian.
- Winner/s should seek independent financial advice at the Winner’s sole expense regarding any tax implications relating to the Prize/s or acceptance of the Prize/s.
- Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or special offers.
- Each Prize will be awarded to the person named in the winning entry.
- Each Prize will be awarded in the Promoter’s sole discretion. The Promoter may invalidate any prize claim where the Winner has breached these Terms and Conditions or otherwise failed to comply with any requirement under these Terms and Conditions.
- It is a condition of accepting the Prize/s that the Winner/s and their guest/s must sign a legal release or releases in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
Holiday prize terms
- Where a Prize includes travel, the Winner and their guest/s must ensure that they have valid documentation for travel which meet the requirements of any government authorities at the destination (including, without limitation, proof of COVID-19 vaccination). Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the Winner and their guest/s. If the Winner or their guest/s are refused entry for any reason or prior to their departure, they forfeit the Prize and no compensation or substitute will be offered.
- Winner/s and their guest/s are responsible for any amendment fees issued by airlines or suppliers once booking is confirmed and ticketed.
- Airline tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargoes. Flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airlines’ departure city and their current flight schedule.
- Frequent Flyer points are not available for any of the flights included in the Prize/s.
- Airline tickets included in the Prize/s cannot be used as part-payment of another airfare.
- Winner/s and their guest/s must travel at the same time, including flights and accommodation. Winner/s and their guest/s must depart from and return to the same capital city airport in Australia, being the capital city airport that is closest to the Winner’s place of residence. Winner/s and their guest/s are responsible for transport to and from their residence to the Winner’s nearest capital city airport.
- A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from Winner/s and/or their guest/s at check-in to a hotel, for all incidental charges.
- The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety conditions or any other conditions that may exist at any destination.
- Due to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic, travel restrictions and other government requirements relating to COVID-19 are constantly changing. Winners and guests should ensure they check the latest COVID-19 requirements before booking the Prize and commencing travel.
- By accepting a Prize, Winner/s and their guest/s agree that:
- if requested by the Promoter, the Winner/s and their guest/s will:
- provide comments about the Promotion and/or a photo or audio-visual clip of themselves; and
- participate in any promotional activity in connection with the Promotion or the Prize;
- the Promoter may use their name, image, comments, photographs or audio-visual clips (Materials) for publicity and promotional purposes in any form of media, without reference or compensation to the Winner/s and their guest/s or any other person;
- the Promoter may use, reproduce, edit and communicate to the public the Materials at any time in any form of media;
- the Promoter may license, authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the Materials to others to do the same; and
- the Winner/s and their guest/s unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of their moral rights in the Materials and waive all moral rights in the Materials.
Use of social media
- The following terms apply to the extent that the Promotion is conducted on, advertised or promoted on a social media platform owned by a third party (Platform Operator):
- each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Platform Operator.
- each Entrant releases each Platform Operator and its associated companies from all liabilities arising in respect of the Promotion;
- to the extent relevant to the Promotion, the Promoter agrees and each Entrant must agree to adhere to the prevailing terms and conditions of each Platform Operator;
- Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to the Platform Operator;
- Entrants are solely responsible and liable for any content or information they transmit to other users of the Platform Operator; and
- any questions, comments or complaints about the Promotion must be directed to the Promoter not the Platform Operator.
Limitation of liability
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010, as well as any other implied warranties under the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 or similar State and Territory consumer protection laws (Non-Excludable Guarantees). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter, its associated agencies and companies and those agencies and companies associated with or involved in the Promotion (including each of their respective directors, officers, employees, servants, contractors and agents past and present) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or death; or any loss or damage; whether direct, indirect, special or consequential (including loss of opportunity and loss of profit), arising in any way out of the Promotion or the Prize/s.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter, its associated agencies and companies and those agencies and companies associated with or involved in the Promotion (including each of their respective directors, officers, employees, servants, contractors and agents past and present) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or death; or any loss or damage; whether direct, indirect, special or consequential (including loss of opportunity and loss of profit), arising in any way out of:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether under the Promoter’s control);
- any incorrect or inaccurate information, caused either by users, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in connection with the Promotion, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of the Promotion;
- any delays or failures in any telecommunications services or equipment;
- any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, theft, destruction, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
- any tax liability incurred by a Winner or Entrant;
- if a Prize or any part of a Prize is unavailable for any reason; or
- use of the Prize/s.
- If a Prize is to be delivered directly to a Winner by a third party supplier, the Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the Prize, any loss or damage to the Prize, any delay or failure relating to the Prize itself or failure by the third party supplier to meet any obligations in these Terms and Conditions or otherwise.
- The Promoter reserves the right to take any action necessary in its sole discretion at any time, as appropriate.
- If there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each Entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prize/s and participation in this Promotion may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third parties. Entrants and Winners must comply with any such additional terms and conditions. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for any additional conditions imposed on the taking of a Prize or participation in the Promotion. The terms and conditions which apply to a Prize at the time it is issued to a Winner will prevail over these Terms and Conditions, to the extent of any inconsistency.
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a Prize, as appropriate.
- Any attempt to cause damage to any website or the information on any website associated with this Promotion or to otherwise undermine the fair and legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. The Promoter reserves the right to seek damages in the fullest extent permitted by law if any such attempt is made, whether that attempt results in any such damage, interference or undermining.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- These Terms and Conditions and the Schedule constitute the entire terms and conditions between each Entrant and the Promoter with respect to the Promotion. The Promoter may alter, modify, or amend these Terms and Conditions and the Schedule, as appropriate.
- how Entrants may access or correct any of their personal information collected by the Promoter; and
- how Entrants may lodge a complaint with the Promoter for a breach of any Australian Privacy Principle (APP) or APP code, and how the Promoter will action such complaint.