Nine Radio finishes 2021 on a high
Nine Radio finishes 2021 on a high
2GB and 3AW clear No.1 all through 2021
4BC Breakfast records best result in 13 years
6PR records strong survey as live and local delivers results
Nine Radio has finished 2021 as the clear No.1 in the key markets of Sydney and Melbourne and demonstrated strong growth across Brisbane and Perth in the final survey of the year.
GfK Survey 8 saw Sydney’s 2GB and Melbourne’s 3AW again retain their undisputed leadership positions as the No.1 stations in each city throughout all 2021.
In Sydney, 2GB Breakfast host Ben Fordham has finished his second year on air with a dominant 18.5% share, while in Melbourne Ross and Russ on 3AW Breakfast have finished with a phenomenal 24.1% share. In Mornings Ray Hadley and Neil Mitchell both remain the most listened to presenters in their respective timeslots.
This survey also saw strong results for Brisbane’s 4BC with Breakfast host Neil Breen finishing the year with a 10.7% up 1.4 points. This is Breen’s highest result ever and the best 4BC Breakfast result in 13 years. Ray Hadley was again No.1 in 4BC Mornings in talk with a 11.1% share.
In Perth 6PR also finished the year strongly with Gareth Parker in 6PR Breakfast lifting 0.6 points to a 9.9% share while 6PR Mornings host Liam Bartlett lifted 1.2 points to a 9.2% share.
Greg Byrnes, Nine Radio’s Head of Content, says: “The past 12 months have shown why Talk Radio is the trusted source of news and opinion. Australians turned to us in record numbers as they sought live and local content. We thank our listeners for sticking with us and assure them we’ll be relevant, setting agendas and working ever harder in 2022.”
2GB 873 has again finished the year as No.1 in Sydney with an audience share of 14.5%. This is 2GB’s 138th consecutive survey win.
- Ben Fordham Live is Sydney’s No.1 Breakfast show recording a share of 18.5% points. This result comes after Survey 7 saw him record highest survey result to date.
- The Ray Hadley Morning Show lifted its share 0.1 point to an 18.4% share and remains a clear No.1. This is Ray’s 138th consecutive survey win.
- Afternoons with Deborah Knight is No.1 with 12.0%. (Mon-Fri 12.00pm-3.00pm)
- Drive with Jim Wilson recorded an 7.1% share (3.00pm-6.00pm).
- Nights with John Stanley is a clear No.1 with 19.4% (Mon-Thurs 8.00pm-12am, Fri 7pm-11pm).
- 2GB Weekends is No.1 (including The Garden Clinic, Chris Smith and The Continuous Call Team with a 14.4% share.
Source: GfK Radio Ratings, 2GB Sydney Survey 8 2021, Mon-Fri 5.30am-9am, Mon-Fri 9am-12pm, Mon-Fri 12pm-3pm, Mon-Fri 3pm-6pm, Mon-Thurs 8pm-12MN Fri 7pm-11pm, Sat-Sun 5.30am-12MN, Market Share %, AP10+.
3AW remains No.1 across Breakfast Mornings, Afternoons, Drive, Nights and Weekends. The station is the No.1 radio station in Melbourne recording an audience share of 16.6% in Survey 8.
- 3AW Breakfast with Ross Stevenson and Russel Howcroft have retained their No.1 place all through 2021 with a 24.1% share. This a total of 229 wins for 3AW Breakfast (Mon-Fri 5.30am-8.30am).
- Neil Mitchell is No.1 in Mornings with a 17.9% share (Mon-Fri 8.30am-12.00pm).
- Dee Dee Dunleavy is No.1 with a share of 12.9% in afternoons (Mon-Fri 12.00pm – 3.00pm).
- Tom Elliott is No.1 in Drive with a 14.0% share (Mon-Fri 3.00pm-6.00pm).
- Denis Walter is No.1 at night with 20.0% (Mon- Thurs 8.00pm–12.00am, Fri 7pm-12MN).
- 3AW Weekends is No.1 (including Darren James, Grubby and The Twilight Zone) with a 15.2% share.
Source: GfK Radio Ratings, 3AW Melbourne Survey 8 2021, Mon-Fri 5.30am-8.30am, Mon-Fri 8.30am-12pm, Mon-Fri 12pm-3pm, Mon-Fri 3pm-6pm, Mon-Thurs 8pm-12MN Fri 7pm-12MN, Market Share %, AP10+
4BC 882 posts audience growth with its share rising to 8.0% among all people 10+ and is the best station cume in 13 years, growing 16% this survey. The breakfast slot also recorded its best result in 13 years. This is the second survey since 4BC changed its frequency to 882 AM.
- Breakfast with Neil Breen had a share of 10.7% up 1.4 points. This is Breen’s highest result ever and the best result in 13 years for the 4BC breakfast slot.
- The Ray Hadley Morning Show maintains its dominance and is once again No.1 talk in Mornings, with a 11.1% share (Mon-Fri 9.00am-11.00am).
- Afternoons with Sofie Formica had a share of 6.9% (Mon-Fri 11.00am – 3.00pm) up 0.5 points. This is Sofie’s first full survey behind the microphone.
- Drive with Scott Emerson had a share of 5.5% (Mon-Fri 3.00-6.00pm).
- Nights with John Stanley had a 9.4% share in his timeslot (Mon-Thurs 8.00pm-11pm, Fri 6-10pm).
Source: GfK Radio Ratings, 4BC Brisbane Survey 8 2021, Mon-Fri 5.30am-9am, Mon-Fri 9am-11am, Mon-Fri 11am-3pm, Mon-Fri 3pm-6pm, Mon-Thurs 8pm-11pm Fri 6-10pm, Sat-Sun 5.30am-12MN, Market Share %, AP10+
6PR 882 continues to grow audience in Survey 8 with an 8.9% share, up 0.6 points, and has seen audience growth across the board.
- Breakfast with Gareth Parker recorded a 9.9% share (up 0.6 points).
- Mornings with Liam Bartlett increases his share to 9.2% share (up 1.2 points). The show continues to be Perth’s No.1 Mornings talk show.
- Steve Mills in Afternoons recorded a share of 8.5% (up 1.5 points). (Mon-Fri 12.00pm-3.00pm)
- Perth Live with Oliver Peterson is now No.1 talk in Drive and has lifted its audience with an 8.6% share, (up 0.7 points) (Mon-Fri 3.00pm-6.00pm).
- The Nightshift with Tod Johnston drew a share of 13% (Mon-Fri 8.00pm-12.00MN).
Source: GfK Radio Ratings, 6PR Perth Survey 8 2021, Mon-Fri 5.30am-9am, Mon-Fri 9am-12pm, Mon-Fri 12pm-3pm, Mon-Fri 3pm-6pm, Mon-Fri 8pm-12MN, Market Share %, AP10+
For more information:
Head of Corporate Affairs
Tuesday, December 14, 2021