2GB and 3AW are No.1 in Sydney and Melbourne
2GB and 3AW are No.1 in Sydney and Melbourne
Nine Radio’s talk network has dominated the latest radio survey, with Sydney’s 2GB and Melbourne’s 3AW maintaining their No.1 position and increasing their respective audience shares.
On a network basis, GFK Survey 6 2021 saw Nine Radio’s cumulative audience jump by 9.2% in total people and 7.7% in 35-64s. This is the network’s best-ever result.
Survey 6 also saw 2GB record its highest ever ratings*. Breakfast host Ben Fordham is No.1 with a 18.8% share (up 2 points) this is his highest survey result, while Mornings host Ray Hadley drew a phenomenal 20% share in his shift.
In Melbourne, Ross and Russ retained their No.1 spot in Breakfast with a 24.6% share up 2.9 points and 3AW Mornings with Neil Mitchell saw a lift of 3.4 points to draw a 20.7% share.
Brisbane’s 4BC saw a station wide lift with Neil Breen’s Breakfast program drawing an 8.1% share.
Greg Byrnes, Nine Radio’s Head of Content, says: “It’s been a tough few months for Sydney and Melbourne but the audience knows 2GB and 3AW is the source of trusted news and opinion. We’re proudly live and local and that’s seen a big jump in audience across the network. But today’s result for 2GB is extraordinary and 3AW is once again among record highs.”
*Radio Ratings data made available in Gold Standard software only goes back to 2004.
2GB 873 is No.1 in Sydney with an audience share of 16.4% (up 1.2 points). This is 2GB’s highest survey result ever. This is 2GB’s 136th consecutive survey win.
• Ben Fordham Live is Sydney’s No.1 Breakfast show with 18.8% (up 2.0 points).
• The Ray Hadley Morning Show is No.1 with a 20% share (up 0.1 points). This is Ray’s 136th consecutive survey win.
• Afternoons with Deborah Knight had a 12.2% share. (Mon-Fri 12.00pm-3.00pm)
• Drive with Jim Wilson drew an 9.2% share (Mon-Fri 3.00pm-6.00pm). CHECK
• Nights with John Stanley is No.1 with a 31.4% share (up 5.3 points) (Mon-Thurs 8.00pm-12am). This is the highest result for 2GB Evenings since 2004.
• 2GB Weekends is No.1 (including The Garden Clinic, Chris Smith and The Continuous Call Team 16.9% share (up 2.3 points). This is 2GB Weekends best result ever.
Source: GfK Radio Ratings, 2GB Sydney Survey 6 2021, Mon-Fri 5.30am-9am, Mon-Fri 9am-12pm, Mon-Fri 12pm-3pm, Mon-Fri 3pm-6pm, Mon-Thurs 8pm-12MN, Sat-Sun 5.30am-12MN, Market Share %, AP10+.
Melbourne turns to 3AW – the city’s #1 radio station had an audience share of 18.2%
• 3AW Breakfast with Ross Stevenson and Russel Howcroft is No.1 with of 24.6% (up 2.9 points), a total of 227 wins for 3AW Breakfast (Mon-Fri 5.30am-8.30am).
• Neil Mitchell is No.1 in Mornings with 20.7% (up 3.4 points) (Fri 8.30am-12.00pm).
• Dee Dee Dunleavy’s had a share of 12.9% in afternoons (Mon-Fri 12.00pm – 3.00pm).
• Tom Elliott is No.1 in Drive with 16.2% (up 3.4 points) (Mon-Fri 3.00pm-6.00pm).
• Denis Walter is No.1 at night with 25.7% (up 4.4 points) (Mon-Thurs 8.00pm–12.00am). This is the highest result for 3AW Evenings since 2004.
• 3AW Weekends is No.1 (including Darren James and 3AW Football) with a 16.5% share (up 3.4 points).
Source: GfK Radio Ratings, 3AW Melbourne Survey 6 2021, Mon-Fri 5.30am-8.30am, Mon-Fri 8.30am-12pm, Mon-Fri 12pm-3pm, Mon-Fri 3pm-6pm, Mon-Thurs 8pm-12MN, Market Share %, AP10+
4BC 1116 has increased its audience in Survey 6, with its share rising to 7.9% (up 0.4 points) among all people 10+ and growth in every shift
• Breakfast with Neil Breen recorded a 8.1% share (up 0.1 point).
• The Ray Hadley Morning Show is up 1.2 points to 11.8% and is No.1 talk in mornings.
• Drive with Scott Emerson holds steady with 4.6% (up 0.2 points) (Mon-Fri 3.00-6.00pm).
• Nights with John Stanley is No.1 in Brisbane an 15.0% share in his timeslot of the audience continuing to grow share (up 2.4 points) (Mon-Thurs 8.00pm-12.00am).
Source: GfK Radio Ratings, 4BC Brisbane Survey 6 2021, Mon-Fri 5.30am-9am, Mon-Fri 9am-12pm, Mon-Fri 12pm-3pm, Mon-Fri 3pm-6pm, Mon-Thurs 8pm-12am, Sat-Sun 5.30am-12MN, Market Share %, AP10+
6PR 882 posts a 7.5% share among all people 10+ in Survey 6
• Breakfast with Gareth Parker recorded an 8.4% share.
• Mornings with Liam Bartlett had a 7.8% share.
• Steve Mills in afternoons recorded a share of 6.6%. (Mon-Fri 12.00pm-3.00pm)
• Perth Live with Oliver Peterson had a 6.2% share. (Mon-Thurs 3.00pm-6.00pm, Fri 3pm-5.45pm).
• The Nightshift with Tod Johnston drew a share of 14.1% (up 0.2 points) (Mon-Thurs 8.00pm-12.00am Fri 8.30pm-12:00am)
Source: GfK Radio Ratings, 6PR Perth Survey 6 2021, Mon-Fri 5.30am-9am, Mon-Fri 9am-12pm, Mon-Fri 12pm-3pm, Mon-Thurs 3pm-6pm Fri 3pm-5.45pm, Mon-Thurs 8pm-12MN Fri 8.30pm-12MN, Market Share %, AP10+
For more information:
Head of Corporate Affairs
Thursday, October 7, 2021