2GB & 3AW No.1 in Sydney and Melbourne
2GB & 3AW No.1 in Sydney and Melbourne
Nine’s talk radio stations 2GB and 3AW have held their No.1 place across the key markets of Sydney and Melbourne, in the latest radio ratings survey.
GFK Survey 4 2021 shows 3AW’s Ross and Russ continuing to pull a phenomenal 20.8% share in the Melbourne Breakfast slot. Neil Mitchell in Mornings had a 18.7% share with the station overall drawing a 15.5%, well ahead of any competitors.
In Sydney, 2GB Breakfast host Ben Fordham remained stable with a 13.3% share while Ray Hadley recorded his 134th consecutive win dominating the Morning slot with a 13.7% share.
Perth’s 6PR has held its recent audience growth with a 9.1% share for the station and in Brisbane 4BC remains steady with a 6.4% share for the station overall.
Greg Byrnes, Nine Radio’s Head of Content, says “Across the Nine Radio’s talk network we have posted strong growth in the 25-39 demographic where we were up 26%, while in the 40-54s we were up 6%.
“2GB and 3AW remain the clear No.1 stations in Sydney and Melbourne. Ross and Russ in Breakfast and Neil Mitchell in Mornings have posted another round of extraordinary results in Melbourne.
In Sydney, Ben Fordham maintained his audience share and Ray Hadley remains well clear of his nearest competitor in Mornings. We also congratulate Kyle and Jackie O on the result they posted in this survey”.
2GB 873 is No.1 in Sydney with an audience share of 11.8%. This is 2GB’s 134th consecutive survey win.
• Ben Fordham Live remains steady with a 13.3% share in the key Breakfast slot.
• The Ray Hadley Morning Show is No.1 with 13.7% This is Ray’s 134th consecutive survey win.
• Afternoons with Deborah Knight is a 8.5% share. (Mon-Fri 12.00pm-3.00pm)
• Drive with Jim Wilson is up 1.4 points with a 7.7% share (Mon-Fri 3.00pm-6.00pm).
• Nights with John Stanley is No.1 up 2.3 points with a 23.4% share (Mon-Thurs 8.00pm-12am).
• 2GB Weekends (including The Garden Clinic, Chris Smith and The Continuous Call Team had a 11.8% share.
Source: GfK Radio Ratings, 2GB Sydney Survey 4 2021, Mon-Fri 5.30am-9am, Mon-Fri 9am-12pm, Mon-Fri 12pm-3pm, Mon-Fri 3pm-6pm, Mon-Thurs 8pm-12MN, Sat-Sun 5.30am-12MN, Market Share %, AP10+.
3AW is Melbourne’s No.1 radio station with an audience share of 15.5%
• 3AW Breakfast with Ross Stevenson and Russel Howcroft retain their No.1 place with a 20.8% share, a total of 225 wins for 3AW Breakfast (Mon- Fri 5.30am-8.30am).
• Neil Mitchell is No.1 in Mornings with 18.7% up 0.3 points (Mon-Fri 8.30am-12.00pm).
• Dee Dee Dunleavy’s had a share of 12% in Afternoons (Mon-Fri 12.00pm – 3.00pm).
• Tom Elliott is No.1 in Drive with 13.6% (Mon-Fri 3.00pm-6.00pm).
• Denis Walter is No.1 at night with 21.2% up 1.3 points (Mon-Thurs 8.00pm–12.00am).
Source: GfK Radio Ratings, 3AW Melbourne Survey 4 2021, Mon-Fri 5.30am-8.30am, Mon-Fri 8.30am-12pm, Mon-Fri 12pm-3pm, Mon-Fri 3pm-6pm, Mon-Thurs 8pm-12MN, Market Share %, AP10+
4BC 1116 holds steady with share of 6.4% overall
• Breakfast with Neil Breen had a share of 7.3%.
• The Ray Hadley Morning Show is up 0.6 points on last survey with a share of 8.5% (Mon-Fri 9.00am-12.00pm).
• Afternoons with Deborah Knight had a 4.9% share (Mon-Fri 12.00pm – 3.00pm).
• Drive with Scott Emerson is up 0.3 points on last survey with 3.9% (Mon-Fri 3.00-6.00pm).
• Nights with John Stanley had an 11.6% share in his timeslot (Mon-Thurs 8.00pm-11.00pm).
Source: GfK Radio Ratings, 4BC Brisbane Survey 4 2021, Mon-Fri 5.30am-9am, Mon-Fri 9am-12pm, Mon-Fri 12pm-3pm, Mon-Fri 3pm-6pm, Mon-Thurs 8pm-11pm, Sat-Sun 5.30am-12MN, Market Share %, AP10+
6PR 882 remains No.1 Talk Radio station with a 9.1% share overall
• Breakfast with Gareth Parker recorded a 10.4% share for his fourth survey in the timeslot. The show remains Perth’s No.1 Breakfast talk show.
• Mornings with Liam Bartlett had a 11.1% share. The show remains Perth’s No.1 Mornings talk show.
• Steve Mills in afternoons holds steady a share of 9.2%. (Mon-Fri 12.00pm-3.00pm)
• Perth Live with Oliver Peterson remained on a 7.1% share (Mon-Thurs 3.00pm-6.00pm, Fri 3pm-5.45pm).
• The Nightshift with Tod Johnston increased its share to 13.7% up 0.3 points (Mon-Thurs 8.00pm-12.00MN, Fri 8.30pm-12MN).
Source: GfK Radio Ratings, 6PR Perth Survey 4 2021, Mon-Fri 5.30am-9am, Mon-Fri 9am-12pm, Mon-Fri 12pm-3pm, Mon-Thurs 3pm-6pm Fri 3-5.45pm, Mon-Thurs 8pm-12MN Fri 8.30pm-12MN, Market Share %, AP10+
For more information:
Head of Corporate Affairs
Tuesday, July 06, 2021