The Annual TV Week Logie Awards returned for its 61st year in 2019, at The Star Gold Coast in Queensland to celebrate TV’s greatest moments.
The Logies isn’t just about the Awards, but the stories behind the stars – the people who create the content and the actors who bring the characters that connect with Australian audiences to life. It’s a celebration of people and the big moments that get Australia talking.
A HISTORY OF THE LOGIES
• The TV Week Logie Awards have been a part of television culture since 1958, two years after the introduction of television in Australia.
• The Logie Awards have always been held in Melbourne, up until this year.
• Graham Kennedy came up with the name Logie Awards after the inventor of television, John Logie Baird.
• Graham Kennedy holds the record for the most Gold Logies, winning six times.
• In 1988, Kylie Minogue became the youngest person to win the Gold Logie at age 19.
• Bert Newton has hosted the Logies twenty times.