MSN IAB Filmstrip
On page load, max 15 seconds of animation commences within the 300×600. The IAB Filmstrip Ad allows for creative story-telling through a series of three to five 300×600 panels. The first panel is loaded on initial visit. The user can move between the panels in the following ways:
- Direct Interaction (On Click) – There are predefined areas at the top and bottom of the panels that allow the user to click to move to the next panel. It is recommended that there be a clear call to action message to the user in these spaces.
- Scroll (On Mouse or Browser Scroll) – As the user scrolls down the web page the IAB Filmstrip will automatically move to the next panel of the creative if they have not interacted with it previously. To ensure a clean understandable user interaction, the IAB Filmstrip only scrolls one panel per page.
- Sequencing (Repeat Visits) – Any return visits to the site will auto scroll the IAB Filmstrip to the next sequential frame.
IMPORTANT: Click here to open the most up to date specs on the Microsoft creative specs page – from there, you can click on the “IAB Filmstrip” spec link under the “MSN Display” section. It is vital that you download the full spec sheet, the specs included below are purely for quick-reference.
Third Party Specs (Quick-Reference)
- Accepted 3rd parties: Sizmek, DoubleClick
- Dimensions: 300×600
- Accepted format: GIF/JPG/HTML5
- Back-up image file size: 40kb
- Initial load max file size: 200kb
- Secondary file download: 300kb
- User-Initiated file download: 1.5mb
- Download the full spec sheet from the Microsoft Spec Center as per the instructions above.
- The 300×600 is ONLY available on msn.com homepage and articles
- All concepts/storyboards must be submitted at least 10 working days before the campaign live date.
- All images and content are appropriate to the general audience nature of the page.
- All assets must be SSL compliant – securely served (https://)
- Minimise the device load for the user as much as possible – ads causing excessive load will be rejected.
- All creatives are subject to approval – we reserve the right to request changes for brand equity/user experience reasons.
- Nine Digital may at its absolute discretion refuse to publish any advertisement on the Nine Digital network.
- Nine Digital reserves the right to reject / remove any rich media ad that does not meet its creative specifications, contravenes internal guidelines or adversely affects network website performance, other ad placements or user experience.
- Nine Digital reserves the right to remove or request the removal / revision of any creative that is deemed unsuitable or in conflict with our content, audience, commercial objectives or IP, including (but not limited to) requesting the removal of any competitor branding from advertisements.
Timelines & Delivery
- All 3rd party creative should be delivered to Nine Digital via 3rd party ad serving tags.
- All material must be delivered at least five (5) working days prior to campaign launch to ensure technical compatibility and internal concept approval.
- If creative is late an estimated % of impressions equivalent to the forecasted daily inventory level will be cancelled from the total impressions booked.
- Visit the Microsoft Creative Specs page for full technical documentation, build guides etc.