The Reveal format contain a single creative unit with a dynamic vertical height that can be changed while it is displayed to users. It contains four “states” that allow for vertical sizing:
- Intro: Presents a slightly larger banner. This state can use a transparent background to appear to “hover” over publisher content.
- Collapsed: Analogous to the banner unit in an expandable banner. By default, this state is shown after the Intro state.
- Maximum: Analogous to the expanded unit in an expandable banner. The size of this unit is equal to the full unit’s size.
- Full Screen: This state will fill the devices full viewport. Overflow is enabled by default on Reveal format creatives. The full screen state also displays the Close button, which resizes the add down to the collapsed state.
The experience provided by the Reveal format is largely dependent on how you build your creative. As a single-unit format with variable heights, the Reveal enables you to create a sneak-peak view before opening the creative. For example, you can customize the creative to show a slightly expanded banner (Intro state) which eventually collapses into a traditionally sized banner (Collapsed state). One major advantage of this format is that it allows animations and videos to play continuously across states. For example, an animation that begins in the collapsed state can smoothly continue into other states.
Format can only be 3rd party served by Celtra. Download the PDF below and reach out to Celtra for full technical documentation, build guides etc.
|Areas||Approved to run||Notes|
|Nine O&O homepages||Yes|
|Nine O&O articles||Yes|
|Nine O&O galleries||No|
- Dimensions: 320×50 (Mobile), 728×90 (Desktop), 970×250 (Desktop)
- Max initial file size: 80kb (Image, HTML5, JS, CSS, Sprite sheets) + 70kb (Ad Verification Scripts) + 100kb (Cached/Approved Shared Libraries located here)
- Max subload: 2mb (Desktop), 200kb (Mobile)
- Max user-initiated animation/video/sound file size: 10mb
- Animation Duration: 30 seconds max, 15s recommended
- All concepts/storyboards must be submitted at least 10 working days before the campaign live date.
- Click-through URL should be for a page that is optimized for a mobile browser.
- All images and content are appropriate to the general audience nature of the page.
- All assets must be SSL compliant – securely served (https://)
- The ad cannot not alter the Nine Digital brand, or alters the page layout, navigation, design or content.
- The ad cannot try to launch in a new browser window (pop up/pop under) or shake the browser window.
- Minimise the device load for the user as much as possible – ads causing excessive load will be rejected.
- All creatives are subject to Nine Digital approval – we reserve the right to request changes for brand equity/user experience reasons.
- Nine Digital may at its absolute discretion refuse to publish any advertisement on the Nine Digital network.
- Nine Digital reserves the right to reject / remove any rich media ad that does not meet its creative specifications, contravenes internal guidelines or adversely affects network website performance, other ad placements or user experience.
- Nine Digital reserves the right to remove or request the removal / revision of any creative that is deemed unsuitable or in conflict with our content, audience, commercial objectives or IP, including (but not limited to) requesting the removal of any competitor branding from advertisements.
Timelines & Delivery
- All 3rd party creative should be delivered via 3rd party ad serving tags.
- All material must be delivered at least five (5) working days prior to campaign launch to ensure technical compatibility and internal concept approval.
- If creative is late an estimated % of impressions equivalent to the forecasted daily inventory level will be cancelled from the total impressions booked.
- Download the attached PDF and reach out to Celtra for full technical documentation, build guides etc.